Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ghost

Oh how I love Sunday mornings
Get up, grab some coffee, go to church
Oh how I love to just sit there
and watch God work

Oh how somedays it can be sunshine
and you can close your eyes and go to the next
How it can be ups and downs, crazy turns, spin around
But all the while, He's holding your hand

It's been two months since you left me
Since you walked away out the door
Yet so many mornings I wake up
to see you there lying on my floor

But this is me finally saying
Finally wanting you gone
I don't understand where this got messed up
Where I went wrong, but here's my song

Come Back and pick up your ghost
Pick up your baggage
Get the dirty laundry from the floor
I don't want you here anymore

I never though I'd make it out here alone
Every time I come home, I just sit on the floor
Running circles in my mind forevermore
Forevermore

I don't understand how you have power
You're up in your city at your job
And I come home night after night
Feeling the same, sitting all alone

It's like you're dictating my motions
Sitting right there on your throne
Who made you king, who made you prince of anything?
Especially in my home, so here I go

Come pick up your baggage from my floor
Come grab your dirty laundry, I don't want it anymore
Come pick up your ghost, walk away
Walk out my door

It's been two months since you really left me
Every morning I'm tired of waking up empty
Oh make you go away
I don't want you to stay, anymore

So please pick up your ghost
Pick up your baggage from my living room floor
I don't want it anymore
Call a cab, walk out the door

When you leave take away the rain and my pain
So I don't have to wake up everyday feeling the same
I'm through, take your ghost away
Hey, Hey, Hey

I don't want to walk in shame
I don't want to live this everyday
I'm letting go
I don't want your ghost here anymore

So take away the rain
Walk away and take my pain
I can't stand you being here again
Can't stand you, my end

Don't know how I let it get this bad
Don't understand why you've left
and I still feel sad
Oh how I don't understand

Oh how it's funny how it works out
How the shine from behind the clouds can shine out
How a little hope can make it through the rain
So today

Pick up your ghost from my door
Come grab your baggage from my floor
Come get your two stupid shirts from my the back of my closet
Take your dirty laundry out of my washer

Take your presents, your gifts and those memories
Put it all away, walk away
Close the door
And don't forget to take the rain

All my dreams for us and my hopes
All your broken promises, and my broken notes
Take it all away
Get your ghost and go away

I can't sit here another day
Listening to thunder storms when I should be having a great day
Oh how I'm sick of all this pain
And all this rain

Oh how God can rock my world
Can rock me right down to my core
Bring me right to my knees
Right down to praying Rescue Me

Oh how His timing works out
How it shines in these clouds and goes around
Oh how rainbows can cover you
Oh how God loves now

How He can see me here
Hear my cries and come near
How He can pick up my broken heart
and glue it back together

So today, I won't ask you again
come back and pick up my old friend
Put him away
as God takes away my pain

Oh put him away
Oh I won't wait another day

Because oh how I can be
So distracted
distraught, on my knees
Begging please, Lord, rescue me

Oh don't you wait
Don't you stay right there
Come pick up your laundry and disappear
Oh, in the name of my God, I won't let it rain another day

Oh how I love Sunday mornings
Get up, grab coffee, go to church
How I can worship my God
A God that loves me the most

And how his love shines down
through all the clouds
Oh, how his love loves me now
Loves me now

Now that you're not around

No comments:

Post a Comment