Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Tide

We all aim to be something, to make something of our lives here in the time we are given. We all come to reality and break the clear glass. We make ripples and pull ourselves out of darkness. Water that once held us down will fall from our face, and we will break free. We will come up to breathe.

You have taught me to swim these enchanted waters. Waters that can be calm, can be rough. A deep sea that we can easily get lost in. When there is no raft, you have taught me to swim. And not to stop. To keep on. And from you I have grown. I can endure.

When all else fades, I can close my eyes, move my hands, and stay afloat. And to those lost souls, left drowning beneath, we can all be inspired, for them, to swim. In turn, may they see our strength, and find theirs.

Let us know the calm before the storm. Let us prepare and cherish the waters in which we live. When the waves get rough, let us keep hope. And when the waves move slowly and slosh around, let us smile and rest. Let us know, that we will meet a ship, and it will lead us home, but until then, we should swim. Swim every day, day by day, improving our bodies, improving our spirits.

And all these swimming lessons, these that have affected all I am, may I in turn teach you some as well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is beautiful and I am impressed with your insight. Thank you! Take care.

    ReplyDelete