Monday, March 28, 2011

The Cay

You seem to isolate me. You put me on this island and leave me here telling me to make friends, telling me to occupy my time. You tell me not to think about you all the time. But how am I supposed to not think about the rescue ship in the bay? How am I to avoid wanting to be rescued constantly by you. How am I supposed to live isolated? Sand and waves can occupy me for only so long. When the storm comes, will you still be there or will you be on shore protecting me? I feel left, and alone. And I don't know what else to say.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I am wrong, but you sound like you are feeling alone. Feeling alone is very painful. But, in reality you are not alone. You have yourself. YOU. I am sure you have friends and family. You are your own rescuer. No one else can rescue you. I learned this the hard way. You must learn to depend on yourself with the help of a few close friends. It can be very hard not to think about someone all the time. But you DO need to make friends and you DO need to occupy your time with things that make you feel happy, empowered and good about yourself. You need to find out who you are in this world and what feeds you. And that cannot be only another person. If you become enmeshed or codependent with someone, it will harm your relationship. Be strong. Stand on your own. Together but separate. You can do this. Sorry, not trying to be pushy!

    ReplyDelete