Sunday, February 6, 2011

One Million

I could sit here and elaborate on every detail of our conversations. I could tell you about how I got dressed up and did my hair, or how we played video games and watched music videos. I could even tell you how it was when he kissed me.

But at the end of the day it has nothing to do with all of that. It doesn't matter what we did or how we we did it. What matters are those simple moments when I just stare at his eyes and he stares back. It makes me feel like a million shooting stars all crossing the sky at the exact same moment; like a million wishes coming true. When he smiles at me and I smile back and the world stops. When the earth halts on its axis and the wind ceases to blow, and all is still and all is right. When I get goose bumps and laugh. What matters is that in that one moment, I feel him hold me and love me and kiss me in one look. That is the simplicity that my day boils down to. It doesn't matter if I stressed or cried, all that fades away because at the end of the day I close my eyes thinking of his staring back at me.

It is that one look that gets me every time. Like a thousand sunsets and a thousand sun rises. Neither hurt nor sorrow can reach me. I'm invincible. My heart could shatter, yet I feel safe. It's taking a risk and jumping and being caught all at once. It's an up and down, a fight and a victory, rain and shine. It doesn't matter wether we were alone or with friends, here or there. In a crowd of people, in silence in his room, the look doesn't change. And day by day, when I wake up to when I fall asleep, I know that if I were to stare, he'd look back. It's a glance that reaches in through my eyes straight to my heart. It's what people write novels about, what people sing about, what movie plots circle around. It's one glance in one moment, once or twice a day, that make me feel flawless, remarkable, needed, and loved. It's one glance that comforts all my doubts and all my insecurities. It's one glance that makes me fall in love, over and over and over again. Every day, all day, a constant reminder that I am blessed, that I am loved, but more importantly that I have something to cherish. I have something to keep me going when the going gets tough. When it rains I think of that look. When it shines I think of that look.

So, yes, I could tell you about my day or my date or my most recent adventure. But that doesn't matter. It's about how many moments I was laughing. How many moments I felt happy. And it can all be summed up in those moments when our eyes lock for what seems like eternity, but is really mere seconds. It's all about one million shooting stars crossing the sky. One million wishes all coming true.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had your outlook on life!! Awesome essay! I guess you know who I am??????? If not I bet you can figure it out...I am not a stalker...LOL!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete