Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fire

I could destroy you. Devastate you. Ruin you. As you could do to me. But I am fire in your hands. Hot and heavy. I am never predictable and never containable. So, lets be real, here. Lets be honest. Playing with fire is one thing, but be prepared to get burned. Don't think you can just send sparks here or there without consequence. Fire can be beautiful, but it can be deadly. You won't be good enough until you can appreciate me. Embrace me. And accept that things will be a little messy. Tempers and all. You'll have to accept that. Because you've already lit the match, so don't turn and run. Be a man.

I'm looking for someone that is willing to drop everything to save me. Give every ounce of water to calm me. Run for me, not against me. I'm looking for someone great. Someone ready to fight fire. Someone ready to a little hot and stay. Someone that's willing to get a little close, get a little invested. And have enough courage to stay, and not too much pride to give up.

I'm looking for someone that doesn't want me to go on to great things, but someone that see the greatness I have already accomplished. Someone that's willing to understand my complexity instead of pulling the alarm. I'm looking for someone brave enough to light the match and face it.

No comments:

Post a Comment