Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Grasp of Faith

We all go through pain. We all go through sorrow. We all feel lonely, and feel like no one is there to reach out. Why are we, the human race, so stubborn? To place ourselves in our boxes, embarrassed to share what we feel with not even one other person. The ironic thing is, everyone has a person. Someone that God put in their life to help them through chaos and help them up. We all fall, and need help up, and God puts hands there to reach out. So, why do we ignore them? Or more likely, why do we blind our eyes from what God wants us to see? There are little things that can keep us going, small reminders like butterfly kisses from the wind that God places in our paths; yet we ignore them. We focus on the storm that is either brewing, storming, or passing away. We don't turn our eyes to heaven and see past the clouds to the God beyond. We selfishly place ourselves at the center of our world, at the center of our storm and see no one out there. We say no one cares, and feel lonely. And before we know it we're blaming and fighting, when we should confiding. We blind ourselves to the shelter of hands that are there.

These hands, my hands, are here. I am reaching. Thank God for shedding light upon them. But you still have to hold on. I can graze your cheek and stroke your back, but you have hold on tight before I can help you up. I always needed you to need me like I needed you. And it seems now that you always did. But you never let me in. You never let me take your hand. And even with the light reflecting off my open palms, I can only hope that you will take my hands now.

So, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment